I am committed to safeguarding the privacy of my website visitors; in this policy I explain how I will handle your personal data.
I may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
This policy is effective from 25th January 2018.
What I collect
I may collect the following information:
- Contact information including email address, only when you click the mailto link and send me an e-mail
- Contact information including email address, only when you add a comment to a blog post
- IP address together with the date, time and duration of your visit. An IP address is number which allows your computer to communicate over the Internet. It enables us to identify which organisations have visited this website.
What do I do with the information you provide
I use this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping – including consent approval.
- I may use the information to improve my products and services.
- I may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which I think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided; providing you have provided consent for me to do so.
- I may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail; if supplied to me via the e-mail contact link and where you have provided consent for me to do so.
I am committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, I have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information I collect online.
Cookies are small files that are saved on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
Links to other websites
This website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
One of the external sites we link to is fonts.googleapis.com – this site provides local cache copy of the fonts used on the site.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you want the information to be used by me to contact you, these boxes will be ‘opt-in’, by clicking the box you are providing me with consent to use the information
- when using any mailto links to send me e-mail, use your e-mail client to indicate the level of consent and options for contacting you as required, I try where possible to use contact forms rather than direct mail links
- if you have previously agreed to me using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time, please let me know by using the contact form below.
I will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee may be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please use the contact form below.
If you believe that any information I am holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please let me as soon as possible, using the contact form below. I will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.